You can find the CFP on EasyChair at https://easychair.org/cfp/LAKathon2020
Welcome to the sixth Learning Analytics Hackathon (LAKathon). This year, the LAK conference celebrates its tenth anniversary. But what will the Learning Analytics community look like ten years from now? The LAKhathon 2020 will become the laboratory to envisage future Learning Analytics (LA) applications. Do you have a research question, a dataset or a futuristic idea you would like to explore? Bring it to the LAKathon! We encourage joining this inclusive workshop no matter what your background or skills, everyone is welcome. We aim to address the science-practice divide by having practitioners and researchers from diverse fields working in multidisciplinary teams towards common objectives.
You have an opportunity to submit proposals for research questions to be addressed and explored at #LAKathon 2020 the yearly hackathon event of the Learning Analytics and Knowledge (LAK’20) conference.
List of Topics
The purpose of submitting a paper proposal is to describe an open research question relevant to the LAK conference and therefore to the LAK Hackathon. We are not looking for finished work. We are not even looking for started work. We are looking for clear challenges that can be the starting points for tasks to be completed at the Hackathon. Each contribution should therefore briefly provide some context for the proposed research question, explain the expected outcomes and objectives that the author wish to be achieved by exploring this question at the LAK Hackathon 2020.
Examples of possible topics, taken from the expected outcomes of LAK Hackathon 2020 include:
- Multimodal Learning Analytics
- Data Interoperability
- Goal setting and analytics
- Analytics in game-based assessment and games for learning
- Curriculum analytics
Read here more in detail the proposed topics for the LAK Hackathon.
We are looking for short contributions following this template with a length of 2 pages. The contribution should formulate clear research question(s) that are relevant for the hackathon, provide context through the referencing of previous research and explaining the targets you wished to be achieved. We expect the following structure for the short paper:
- Background: context and a short description of the problem to be addressed
- Research question(s): clear research question(s) to be answered at the hackathon
- Expected outcomes: description of the expected solutions to the research questions
Please submit your paper through the Easychair by 15 December 2019
- 1st November 2019 – Workshop calls for participation announced
- 15th December 2019 – Workshop papers submission deadline
5th15th January 2020 – Notifications sent out (prior to the early-bird registration)
- 5th February 2020 – Final version of papers due for Companion Proceedings
- 23-24th March 2020 – LAKathon taking place in Frankfurt, Germany.
(All deadlines at 23:59 Hawaii time.)
All questions about submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org